Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Barnicoat Road run

My fitness levels are getting much better, it's been a long road back to even this stage (dodgy hip from too much relaxin during pregnancy). So a run i did today made me very proud of all my hard efforts to date, basically this run goes UP and up and up. You climb 505m in just over 3k's so it's pretty steep, and its so good at the top people paraglide off it! The views are AMAZING, you can see all of Nelson you feel on top of the world. It's well worth the slog up (and a few lollies from my secret stash down my sports bra). The only downside is the rather boring downhill after, but after asking the husband you can actually do a loop round via a new MTB trail. So that's my plan for next time! It took me 34mins to get to the top, it takes my husband 30mins to MTB up, so needless to say he was rather impressed with my running! I took a victory pic at the top on my phone but i'm still trying to work out how to get the pic off the phone (blonde moment). IF you click "view elevation" you will see the nasty likkle hill on a better scale. If your ever in Nelson this is an awesome run or walk, take some lollies for the top!



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I love comments ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails